Thursday, October 27, 2011

So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright













Last April, I went to a family wedding near Uniontown, PA in Fayette County.

As a kid, I used to go to Ohiopyle in Fayette County with my cousin and her family where they had a cottage along the Youghiogheny River. We'd swim, water ski and go tubing during summer vacations. Now, my younger cousin was getting married just miles away from that summer cottage.

I had been trying to get back to that area for years to visit the Frank Lloyd Wright houses' Falling Water and Kentuck Nob. My family is from Western PA. However their hometown is not close to where the houses are located, and during our numerous visits, we were never able to arrange a side trip.

My parents and I thought that where the wedding was and the Wright houses were would be on opposite ends of the county. And, we tried to plan accordingly. As it turns out, they were only about 15 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment