Monday, August 5, 2013

On Set! Bad Date - The Bar



On Sunday morning I participated in a shoot for a webseries pilot: "Bad Date - The Bar."  

The pilot was for the New York Television Festival and MSN short form storytellers challange.  

The contest states: 

MSN has partnered with the NYTVF to discover trailblazing storytellers with a talent for delivering big shows in small packages. The MSN “Short-Form Storytellers Challenge” guarantees at least one outstanding producer a $75,000 production budget to re-imagine the potential for dynamic series as told in micro-episodic form. For content consumers on the web, short-form is the art form and the competition is specifically seeking series that are developed and created to be consumed in episodes of two minutes or less.

My friend Kristen Lucas partnered up with director Fernando Cuestas to enter a pilot.  

I worked with Kristen several times last year, including being in her play "Dating," and a one act of hers that was in a Hurricane Sandy relief festival.  

We had been in touch trying to find a project so we could work together again.  

I met Fernando during the Ultimate Filmmakers Competition in June.  His film "Visiting Hour," which starred Kirsten, was one of my favorites.  

Kristen posted a casting notice and I wrote her immediately.  I wanted to work with both of them, but I was already scheduled to shoot a different short film late Sunday afternoon.  

Luckily, their production schedule allowed me to do both.  

The pilot is very funny as the show follows a woman through a series of bad dates.  

I play one of those bad dates.  

The set was loose and easy going.  We shot at the Producers' Club in Hell's Kitchen.  I have done several plays there.  

I had a great time on set and working with Kristen and Fernando.  

Even if the show doesn't win, I hope to work with both of them again soon.  




With Fernando


Other actors getting ready for their scene.


Not a very masculine looking drink


Craft services, along with my razor... I showed up with a bit of scruff.


More craft services...wish I could have one... or the box.


Alejandro, the PA, gets started on the coffee.  


Kristen and the gang getting ready for their scene.


Fernando discussing the scene.


Setting up the mic


Ready for their close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment