Thursday, February 5, 2015

On Set! Why Are You Still Single in NYC?



Last Friday, January 30th, I shot a scene for the short film Why Are You Still Single in NYC?

The director describes the short as a cross between Sex in the City and the first person 'mocu-mentaries' like The Office or Modern Family.  

I auditioned in December, in the middle of a busy weekend for the holiday season.  The audition was a light improv, and was great fun.  

However, a few weeks went past, I was cast in a couple of plays and I didn't hear back.  

Then the director Val reached out and said that I won the part and we began working on scheduling.  

The shoot took place at the bar at the Producer's Club on west 44th Street in Hell's Kitchen.  I'm very familiar with the venue, having performed there in shows several times, auditions, a few other shorts and most recently in October with the International Film Festival of Manhattan, where two short films I acted in were screened.  

Val worked quickly and efficiently and the whole shoot barely took a few hours.  We had scripted lines but then had some space and time to do more on camera improv.  The other actors were a blast to work with and after a while we had a difficult time keeping a straight face.  

My own improv was inspired by a mix of Harry Potter jokes inspired by the actor playing the bartender and flashbacks to the Heavy D song Somebody For Me.  

I'll keep everyone posted on when and where you can see this.  

Also, I'll try to do a better job of posting shorts and plays that I've been in, recently.  The Fall was very busy and I let a few postings slip by!










No comments:

Post a Comment