Saturday, June 6, 2015

In Print - Treasure Island Print Campaign!



Last week I was hired to be Clark Kent/Superman in a print ad campaign for Treasure Island Storage.
According to their website:


Treasure Island Storage is a family business that began in the late 90's with the goal of providing safe and secure storage services for residents and businesses in the communities in which we live. In the past 15 years we've done exactly that, emerging as the fastest growing provider of quality Self Storage in the New Jersey and New York metro area. We are proud that the quality Self Storage services our customers receive at Treasure Island Storage, including Household, Commercial, Boat, Car and Wine Storage, allow them to rest assured that their belongings are safe, secure and close to home.

I was able to get the job through the Photographer Dick Mitchell.  Dick has been a friend of mine for many years.  A few years ago he took professional shots of me for headshots and my webpage (still currently and forever under construction).

Some of Dick's work can be seen at his site http://www.richardmitchell.com/.

Treasure Island Storage is doing a series of pictures and images as part of a much larger print ad campaign which includes subway advertisements.

I play a comic book collector/geek/ superman wannabe with a large book and toy collection.  Including the phone booth.

We shot last Thursday May 28th at Acme Studios in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Acme studios is a large warehouse space that doubles as booth a location studio and a prop warehouse.  The kitchen has a wall of fame of past shoots, including the Stephen Colbert Entertainment Weekly shoot where he dresses up at various Lord of the Rings Characters.

The whole studio was a blast, as you'll see in the following pictures.

The crew was large and amazing.  Feeling like a rockstar, I've never been so fussed over.

There was a prop manager, a costume manager, a fashion stylist, hair and makeup artists, artistic director and assistants.  Everyone was very upbeat and I quickly made new friends.

In fact the fashion stylist, Amy Auslander recommended me to a few agencies, so hopefully I can do more and similar work.

Unfortunately, I had to do some reshoots the following week.  For the new pictures, I traveled up to Dick's apartment in Washington Heights.

Dick converted the dining room to a studio.  The makeup stylist John Alfred was the only crew member to make it up to the shoot.  I found out that John was once a contestant on Project Runway.

Once we were able to get the Clark Kent pics, we played around with some other ideas.  I also did a few pictures as Bruce Banner (the Incredible Hulk) and tried to do a few shots with a Captain America mask.

Overall, I had a blast.  A great job and a fantastic way to make a little bit of money.  Look for me soon in a subway car!




obligatory selfie


one of the bathroom's at Acme included a Michael Jackson lamp.


part of the kitchen


the famous 'barristarized' Gandolf/Randolf cup from Stephen Colbert's shoot


more wall of fame


quick snap of the bar


another bar pic


The kitchen sink


a quick shot of where we were going to shoot.


above the fridge


waiting room


make up stylist John Alfred losing his mind


My costume awaits


from the make up chair


another model with a shopping issue


John after doing a touch up


a quick snap of a pic as me as Bruce Banner


a pic of me taking a pic of Dick working


Dick doing a quick edit

No comments:

Post a Comment