Tuesday, August 11, 2015

On Set! The Bench



Last Saturday we reshot my scenes for the web series, The Bench.
Originally, we had my scenes in the Spring of 2014.  However, the director Jesse McCullough and cinematographer Heseti Kheper have acquired new equipment and have reshot the entire series.

The last scenes they needed were the ones I had done for them in the beginning of their process.  

I was happy to come in and redo the scenes.  I enjoyed working with them last year, and was more than happy to act again along side one of my great acting friends, Mark Solari.  

Mark and I have done several productions together over the years, including a 9 month stint on Israel Horovitz' Line at the 13th Street Theater.  

The only painful thing about the shoot was getting up at 5.30am so Mark and I could be in Newark by 7.30am.  I am not a morning person by any measure.  But, my need and desire to be on set outweighs my morning grumpiness.  

Also, I had the script from the other show I'm in rattling in my brain, so I didn't have much time to look at the script before Saturday morning.  However, once Mark and I got together, the scene, the lines and the character all came quickly back.  I wanted to try a slightly different take on the character this time.  

We set up in a far corner of  Watsessing Park, near Bloomfield, NJ.  

Jesse and Heseti worked quickly and efficiently.  The only complications were a dog park near by, the hum of cicadas and the swarm of morning gnats that surrounded us.  On screen my character might seem focused, but the back of my mind I was trying not to swat at the gnat that was poking at my left ear.  

After shooting the scenes, we did make shift voice over work, and were finished before noon.

The series is in the vein of horror/fantasy that centers around Mark's ghost forcing criminals to confess their sins.  I'm in the first part, since I play the hitman that, well, let's say creates the situation where Mark's ghost would leave his earthly body!

I'll keep you posted on when the finished product will come out and where it can be seen!  


Heseti and Jesse setting up the shot on the bridge.



Mark and I catching up, just like old times! 



Heseti filming Mark's death march.



The bench, of The Bench.


Enjoying my handy-work.


Dead guys don't smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment