Tuesday, March 29, 2016

On Set! The Jig is up Mister Bones Day 2



A couple of week ago I was back on set for more coverage shots on A. Va Jordan's short film "The Jig is up Mister Bones."

The first shooting day was back in September and the recap can be seen here:

In post production Van noticed that he needed a few more coverage shots, and some reaction shots of me.  The business of life combined with hectic schedules, along with waiting for when the college campus where we shot wasn't occupied, forced us to wait almost 6 months to get new shots.  Hopefully, with the magic of film making the new shots will be dropped in seamlessly.  

The crew was small, with only my long time partner and friend, Rodney Reyes manning the lights and camera, and Van doing the rest of what needed to be done.  

I lucked out again by not having an early call time.  I didn't have to be in Newark, NJ until a little after noon.  Of course, public transit and the PATH seem to make my life more difficult at the times when I need things to run smoothly, and I ran later than I had wanted to.  

However, the shooting process ended up being quick and smooth so that my being a little late was a non-factor.  

I had a great time hanging out with Van and Rodney.  During the set up we discussed everything from how bad the Cleveland Browns are (Van is originally from Akron, Ohio), the comic books that have become tv shows, to modern Poetry.  

Van is an award winning poet.  

One of his books can be seen here: 
http://www.amazon.com/The-Cineaste-A-Van-Jordan/dp/0393348733?ie=UTF8&keywords=a%20van%20jordan&qid=1459287205&ref_=sr_1_3&s=books&sr=1-3

I highly recommend buying and reading his books; and then rereading!

Once again, my pictures from the set are limited due to the highly controversial subject matter.  I'd hate for anyone to see some of the shots out of context.  However, trust me that the script was really well written and I look forward to seeing the finished product.  

Stay tuned and I'll keep everyone updated when the project is completed.




Back on set at Bradley Hall at Rutgers Newark.


Staring at the camera


Camera is staring at me


They were trying out the Black Magic Camera


The props for my dressing room


Van was making me laugh about buying the old make up


Some more props


An involved director.  Van is applying the make up to shoot some of my close ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment