Wednesday, February 10, 2021

NOMINATED BEST ACTOR - PRISON CITY FILM FESTIVAL - UNSPOKEN

 

I've been nominated for Best Actor by the Prison City Film Festival for the movie Unspoken.

Once again, I'm incredibly honored and grateful.   

Also, the festival was very kind recognizing the other performances in the film.  

The film earned nominations for Frances Lozada as Best Actress, Brian Pollock as Best Supporting Actor and Mariana Cardenas as Best Supporting Actress.  

Another nomination that Daryl Denner, Unspoken and Fictional Films picked up was in the category for Best Video for the song "I'm Staying Right Here," featured in the movie.  

I'm dubious of phrases that tout directors as "actors' directors," or "technical directors," etc.  However, my relationship with the director Daryl Denner goes back many years, projects and performances.  I've mentioned several times that I had a great time on set, and a lot of that has to do with trust and support that Daryl gives to his performers.  The nominations that we received from the festival is a reflection of Daryl's skill and confidence.

To get the movie completed and screened took an incredible effort from Daryl, Rodney and the rest of the cast and crew.  Nominations and awards are an external acknowledgment of that hard work and dedication.

Unspoken was a real passion project for everyone involved and to see the work recognized is a great feeling.

The festival outside of Houston in Huntsville, Texas looks like a fantastic time and a top-notch production.  I can already hear the opening guitar line to Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues and his voice belting out the first line, "I can hear that train a coming.." 

I wish that the planet was in a different condition and I could attend in person.  

If you are in the area and attend please send my love; and pictures! 

Check back soon for the results! 

Here's the link for the festival:


And here's a link to the list of nominations: 


And here's a link to a previous post about the Prison City Film Festival:

No comments:

Post a Comment