Monday, September 28, 2015

On Set! Parasitik - Day 2



A few weeks ago I traveled up to Connecticut for the next shooting day of the sci-fi short, Parasitik. 
On the list to shoot were some of the final scenes and a couple of introductory shots.

My day started auspiciously as I took the Metro North from Grand Central up to New Haven, CT.  I was supposed to get off before the end of the line in West Haven, CT.  However, either I was too into shutting out the rest of the noise from a Sunday morning train with my headphones, or fixated on going to a city I recognized, I missed my stop and the director, John Anthony had to make an extra trip to get me.  

Someday, I'd like to think that the studio will have the limo pick me up, or my tour bus will deliver me to set.  However, at the low budget independent movie level, all the crew cover the bases to make the project happen, including the director picking up the actors from the train.  

We filmed at a house that the producer Tony B, was renovating.  The first scenes filmed didn't include me.  I hung out in the living room with the other actors, as they flipped the channels from reality television on the E channel to The Dark Knight Returns.  I went over my lines with my co-star Jacqui Born and inspired by the Batman movie, practiced my very bad Michael Caine impersonation. 

Again, John Anthony with the help of Jimmy Hedrick, worked quickly and efficiently. My scene involved Jacqui throwing me around the room while I sniveled and cowered.  We went over the choreography several times before shooting.  Once shooting began I only caught one punch to the eye and only slightly ripped one of my shirts!  All in a days work.  I really enjoyed the physical activity and I hope that the end result shows or work.  

Afterwards, we scheduled another day of shooting to redo the shots from the first day of filming.  
John, Jimmy and Tony dropped us all off at the correct station, West Haven and most of the actors headed back to NYC.  

I'll post another entry later about the third day of shooting.

The original entry of our first attempt at shooting the short can be seen here: http://thecommonone-jtw.blogspot.com/2015/09/on-set-parasitik-day-1.html.




Stretching before getting tossed around


Taking pics of the set


Being directed by John Anthony


Peaking into the other scene


About to act


I'm in the shot


John and Jimmy setting up the fight sequence


Jacqui beating me up... from my point of view


Jacqui Born and I after the shoot


Cast and crew outside


Once I realized it was a selfie


Selfie Stick action 


I'm hiding


Finally get it right

No comments:

Post a Comment