Tuesday, August 6, 2013

On Set! - Diana


On Sunday afternoon, I participated in Daryl Denner's latest short film, "Diana."  

I've known and worked with Daryl for several years.  

Daryl played Mr. Big in the first season of Places Please.  I've also acted in Daryl's plays and some of his other short films.  

Daryl's short films have screened across the country.   His movies have won best short film at The Las Vegas film festival and The Ultimate Filmmaker Competition.  

I've always enjoyed being on Daryl's sets.  The shooting process is very easy and staffed with familiar people, which not only allows the acting to be comfortable, but the time in between takes is great.  

We filmed the opening scene at a cafe in Bensonhurst Brooklyn.  

Once again, Jason Shanksi was behind the camera for Daryl.  I haven't worked directly with Jason in a few years, so I had a great time reconnecting.  

Plus, Rodney Reyes was in the scene with me.  I've probably worked with Rodney more than any other person.  Even though we (ok, I) stumbled through a couple of lines during the shooting, we had such a great time, I'm very reluctant to call the process work.  

Following are behind the scenes shots of Daryl, Rodney, Jason, his son Frankie, crew members, and other actors.  Many of the shots were taken by Rodney.  























No comments:

Post a Comment