Monday, August 19, 2013

On Set - Deadly Sins Season 3 Episode 3



The other day I shot an episode for the new season of Deadly Sins.  

Deadly Sins is a crime docudrama that airs on Discovery ID.

I shot an episode for season 2 last year and my blog entries can be seen here:

Deadly Sins is a crime docudrama hosted by criminal behavior expert Darren Kavinoky.  

In last years episode, I played the victim's son.  My time in the episode mainly consisted of me breaking into my father's house, discovering my Alzheimer's afflicted Grandmother alone and eating paper and eventually the cops doing a crime scene at the house.  

For this episode, I wasn't nearly as informed of the actual crime that was being documented.  I played the brother of the victim, Karen.  Karen was in an abusive marriage with a violent cross-dressing man.  She and I had a falling out over her husband and hadn't talked for years.  Apparently, these scenes were deleted before production.  What we ended up filming was my sister and I reconciling after years apart, the babysitter arriving, and us leaving for a party on my yacht, which unfortunately was not filmed.  The scenes continue with us returning from the party, the husband showing up unannounced and shooting Karen, who dies in my arms.  

Last year, I enjoyed being on set with the crew.  Many of the same crew people returned from last year.  Since these docudrama shows are made on shoestring budgets (which is a long conversation for another time), there is not a whole lot of time for sitting around or separation between the crew and actors.  Everything is set up and shot very quickly with everyone working together.  

Once again, we filmed out in Sparta, New Jersey.  

The new episodes won't start airing until the New Year.  

I'll post when I find out more information about when this episode airs. 



With Maybeth O'hara, who was playing my girlfriend.  Marybeth entered and won a contest to be a walkon actress in Deadly Sins.  


Stashed crew items on the side of the house.


Wardrobe and makeup set up in the garage.


Craft services.


Actor Sky Watersend preparing with Michele Crosta for his cross-dressing scene.


With makeup head Christina Kim.


Setting up for our pre-party reconciling shots.


Looked over my shoulder at the crew setting up.


Actress Chrissy Stewart, who played my sister, Karen.


The owner of the house, watching us shoot our scene.


Michele talking to showrunner Van King.  Team jersey day for the crew.


Setting up our interior shots.


I looked back and saw the production designer talking to the owner of the house.


Brittany Zwick playing the babysitter.


The production staff watching us shoot the scene.

Screen grab from the video assist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment