Friday, October 23, 2020

NOMINATED BEST ACTOR - NEW YORK LONG ISLAND FILM FESTIVAL - UNSPOKEN


I've been nominated for Best Actor by the New York Long Island Film Festival for the movie Unspoken. 

Actually, NYLIFF has been very kind to the movie, overall. 

Director Daryl Denner wrote a Facebook post with the following:

So very proud to hear my feature film "Unspoken" is Nominated for Awards @ The New York Long Island Film Festival! The film is Nominated for:

Best Feature Film
Best Actor Feature Film (
Brian Pollock
,
Jonathan Weirich
)
Best Actress Feature Film (
Frances Lozada
)
Best Cinematography (
Rodney Reyes
)
Best Director Feature Film
Best Dramatic Feature Film
Best Screenplay Feature
Best Supporting Actress Feature Film (
Mariana Cardenas
)
Very proud of the Cast/Crew of the feature film "Unspoken" and also grateful for the Award Nominations. Congrats guys!!...and thank you New York Long Island Film Festival!!

I'm incredibly honored and grateful.  But even more so, I'm very excited that Daryl, Rodney, the crew and the rest of my cast-mates were recognized.  As always in independent filmmaking, the project was a team effort.   

The only drawback is that I'm in the same category as my co-star, Brian Pollock.  At times, acting can feel like a team sport.  Part of the enjoyment in making this film was the scenes I had with Brian.  We shared a lot of laughs and encouraged each other to be at our best.  Much like teammates, working was easier because of that rapport and trust we developed.  

So, again I'm proud and grateful that the festival was kind enough to recognize our hard work and dedication.  

Check back soon for the results! 

Here's the link for the festival:

No comments:

Post a Comment